Whenever I publish an emotional post like the last one (The People NFP Made) I usually a) go dark for a week to recover, and b) like to keep the next one light. So here’s a photo-heavy post about a completely non-controversial topic: my adorable baby. Hey! There’s even a little video because I be totes fancy, y’all.
See? I just can’t even write anymore.
Distraction! Rosalie! She’ll be 8 months old by the time you read this. 8 months ago I thought she was never going to get here evereverever, and then ALL OF THE SUDDEN there she was. Since then she has completely stolen our hearts.
- crawls with this funny one leg-pushing forward move, pulls up, and sometimes lets go. Aiiiiiiii.
- eats anything off the floor, but she’s gotten pretty good about spitting stuff out (with a smirky grin) when I tell her to.
- says: mamamamama and mehmehmeh, but mostly it just means she’s sad.
- is a leeeeetle bit screechy and this I do not love so much. When Zeke was this age we called him the Nazgul and/or pterodactyl. Rosie isn’t quite that bad, but Mass can be a challenge. (Churches with their awesome acoustics are my kids’ favorite echo chambers.)
- understands a whole lot. She gets very excited: (starts flapping her arms) when she hears the words: mama, daddy, milk/nurse, eat, more.
- signs a little bit. She may be my earliest signer. She knows milk/nurse (we use the words interchangeably) but she only signs it when she’s being playful or actually nursing. When she’s freak-out hungry or tired, she just throws herself at my chest. Other words: hi, bye, more
Here’s a cute video:
Now for photos:
Back to homeschool planning! Loving you guys, and loving my summer too. Hope yours is super fantastic.