Vacation: Theme Thursday

During a recent conversation, the discussion arose: Are you theme park vacationers, or mountain vacationers?  For us, the answer is both.  Or neither.  What we are, as a family, is “visiting vacationers.”  I’d venture to guess that 90% of our vacations revolve around visiting family or friends in various locations.  For the remaining 10%, we usually try and find someone to visit.  It’s been this way as long as Kevin and I have been together.  We’re highly social people (hey, we even got engaged on a vacation with 20 of our closest friends) and we really love our extended family and friends, so this just makes sense.  So whether it’s camping or a water park, the wild outdoors or a family-friendly hotel, you can bet we’re there with a bunch of people we love.  Here are a few pictures I’ve snapped of our summer vacations thus far:

Cinnamon rolls: baked in in an orange peel over the fire.  Amazing.

Cinnamon rolls: baked in in an orange peel over the fire. Amazing.

Did I mention that our vacations revolve around food too?  Cause that’s a verrrrry close second to the family and friends.

Cousins, walking to the park.  Unstaged, cross my heart.

Cousins, walking to the park. Unstaged, cross my heart.

 

My mom and dad whose 40th anniversary is coming up next month.  Aren't they cuuuuute?

My mom and dad, whose 40th anniversary is coming up next month. Aren’t they cuuuuute?

 

Root beer floats, courtesy of Mimi.

Root beer floats, courtesy of Mimi.

 

An awesome auntie, who is sorely missed.

An awesome auntie, who is sorely missed.

 

Keeping it short and sweet this week, folks.  Head on over to Cari at Clan Donaldson for more vacation photos.  And if you’d like to check out my recent photo posts, click the Photography tab at the top of the page.

Comments

  1. I LOVE the picture of your parents!
    Christy recently posted…10 on 10 – CanadaMy Profile

  2. All our vacations are to visit my husband’s family. But that’s only fair as we live right next door to mine! Love the shot of the cousins holding hands! SO CUTE!
    Beth (A Mom’s Life) recently posted…Finding peace in a refrigerator.My Profile

  3. cinnamon rolls cooked in orange peels, over the fire? You must share this amazing recipe.
    Cari recently posted…Theme Thursday: VacationMy Profile

  4. The cinnamon rolls. You had me at the cinnamon rolls. And every other sweet picture is just great! Always love your photos filled with your beautiful family!
    Amanda recently posted…5 Ways to Enjoy South Padre IslandMy Profile

  5. Love, Micaela…so nice to meet you at the conference, praying for your baby and all. Bonnie